STEPS Network Meeting December 20, 2006
Hosted by John Cantu, El Paso Production
Purpose: The South Texas Exploration and Production Safety Network, commonly known as the STEPS Network, promotes safety, health and environmental improvement in the exploration and production of oil and gas in South Texas. The STEPS Network fosters a work environment that relies upon open communication and trust.
David Martinez, Refinery Terminal Fire Company,– Confined Space Basics:
Marianne McGee, OSHA – 2006 Fatality Review for Region VI
Reggie Phillips, Safety International – The Hazards of Hydrogen Sulfide
Rick Ingram, BP, – Contractor Tool Box, SafeLand, and Oklahoma Safety Network
- The Oklahoma oil and gas industry will be meeting January 10, 2007 to evaluate the possibility of developing a safety network similar to STEPS.
- SafeLand continues to be developed using SafeGulf as a guideline.
- A toolbox has been developed to assist small employers in developing an effective safety and health program.
Election Results: Javier Balderas
- President Ted Reed, BJ Services
- Vice President Phil Brazil, H&P Drilling
- Secretary Brent Haigood, BP
- Executive Committee Mike Guzzler, Hallibutron
Robert Gaithright, ACME Truck
John Buehrig, ExxonMobil
Bennie Carrizales, Tetra
Mando Pareades, Shell
The next meeting will be held Wednesday January 17, 2007 at 8am at the Holiday Inn Airport in Corpus Christi.