STEPS Network Meeting November 15, 2006
Hosted by Phil Brazil, H&P Drilling
Purpose: The South Texas Exploration and Production Safety Network, commonly known as the STEPS Network, promotes safety, health and environmental improvement in the exploration and production of oil and gas in South Texas. The STEPS Network fosters a work environment that relies upon open communication and trust.
Aubrey Campbell, DOT– DOT Outreach Opportunities
- PowerPoint Presentation available – Click here.
- Contact number – 713-272-2822
Bill Mahler, Wild Well Services – Well Control for Uncontrolled Releases of Natural Gas
- Presentation not available
Les Love, DBI Sala – Fall Protection
- Onsite demonstration. Presentation not available.
- Topics covered include:
- A – Anchorage (beam clamps, chocker straps, beam bolts, etc.)
- B – Body wear (full body harness – 310 lbs. or 420 lbs.)
- C – Connecting Device (compatible devices, no hook to hook connections, etc.)
- D – Decelerator (shock absorbing lanyards, self-retracting lifelines, etc.)
Mark Matzner, SPM –Iron Maintenance
The next meeting will be held Wednesday December 20, 2006 at 8am at the Holiday Inn Airport in Corpus Christi.