STEPS Network Meeting July 19, 2006
Hosted by Bobby Stuart, Discovery Safety
Purpose: The South Texas Exploration and Production Safety Network, commonly known as the STEPS Network, promotes safety, health and environmental improvement in the exploration and production of oil and gas in South Texas. The STEPS Network fosters a work environment that relies upon open communication and trust.
Carsten Meyer, Halo Flight
Tonna Marcyes, Texas Department of Insurance – TDI Safety Resources:
Jack Evins, Texas Department of Insurance –What to expect from your insurance company:
Marianne McGee, OSHA , Corpus Christi Area Office – Fatality Reduction Initiative
- Mr. Meyer discussed Halo-Flight’s air ambulance service and their Guardian subscription plan. More information can be found at www.haloflight.org
Josh McDowell, TAMU-CC – Hydrocarbon Emissions Detection and Remediation
- PowerPoint Presentation available - Click Here
- Twenty-five work-related fatalities were reported to the Corpus Christi Area Office since October 1, 2005 (five were oil and gas related). Since the last STEPS meeting two fatalities were reported.
- One employee was killed when he fell from a moving vehicle and was run over.
- One employee was killed when he was crushed by a fork truck.
The next meeting will be held Wednesday August 16, 2006 at 8am at the Holiday Inn Airport in Corpus Christi.