STEPS Network Meeting January 18 2006
Hosted by Lynn Travis, Devon Energy
Purpose: The South Texas Exploration and Production Safety Network, commonly known as the STEPS Network, promotes safety, health and environmental improvement in the exploration and production of oil and gas in South Texas. The STEPS Network fosters a work environment that relies upon open communication and trust.
Marianne McGee, OSHA Compliance Assistant Specialist, Corpus Christi Area Office
Marianne McGee, – Annual Summary Form 300
- Four work-related fatalities were reported to the CC Area Office since October 1, 2005. No fatalities since the last STEPS meeting.
- Two fatalities resulted from falls from ladder.
- One fatality resulted from pressure release.
- One fatality resulted from stuck by
- Review the OSHA 300 log to verify completeness and accuracy.
Create the annual summary, OSHA 300A.
Certify the summary.
Post the annual summary.
- In the location where notices are normally posted.
- February 1 through April 30, 2006
- Company executive must sign the summary
- Officer of the corporation
- Highest ranking management official at the establishment
- His or her supervisor
Phil Brazil, H&P Drilling – Safe Hands :
Rick Ingram, BP, – Field Emergency Response :
Election Results: Rick Ingram and Charlie Moore
President - Javier Balderas, Halliburton
Vice President - Joe Bustamante, PSAI
Secretary - John Buehrig, ExxonMobil
Executive Committee - Phil Brazil, H&P Drilling
Mando Pareades, Shell
The next meeting will be held Wednesday February 15, 2006 at 8am at the Holiday Inn Airport in Corpus Christi.