STEPS Network Meeting August 17, 2005
Hosted by Charlie Moore, Smith Production Inc.
Purpose:The South Texas Exploration and Production Safety Network, commonly known as the STEPS Network, promotes safety, health and environmental improvement in the exploration and production of oil and gas in South Texas . The STEPS Network fosters a work environment that relies upon open communication and trust.
Marianne McGee, OSHA Compliance Assistant Specialist, Corpus Christi Area Office
- Twenty-five work-related fatalities were reported to the CC Area Office since October 1, 2004 . Eleven of these fatalities were oil and gas related.
- Four fatalities resulted from struck by hazards.
- Three fatalities resulted from falls.
- Two fatalities resulted from explosions.
- Two fatalities resulted from pressure releases
Marianne McGee, OSHA - Recordkeeping Update
John Metz, National Weather Service - Severe Weather and the Oil and Gas Industry :
- PowerPoint presentation available. Click here.
- Severe weather action planning from TWCC. Click Here.
Glenn Abdelnoor , OSHCON - Noise in the Oil and Gas Industry:
The next meeting will be held September 21, 2005 at 8am at the Holiday Inn Airport in Corpus Christi .